We want you to join our team of mentors and become part of our knowledge and skills based online mentoring projects. You will help young people develop the knowledge and connections required to be able to make confident and informed decisions about their next steps – whether that be deciding their future career path, going into higher education or industry.
How online mentoring works:
You will communicate with your mentees through a safe and secure online mentoring platform where you can exchange messages, share resources and information, and complete activities. You will use your personal experience, knowledge and skills to help raise aspirations and motivation, encourage them to consider and explore their education and career options and build their confidence.
- Mentors are expected to commit to take part for the duration of the project you have agreed to support (this varies from weeks to months depending on the project)
- Attend at least one training session (this may be delivered via webinar)
- Commit to supporting up to 5 mentees
- Log in to the secure mentoring platform on average once a week at a time that suits you, responding to messages (approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes per week)
What are the benefits for mentees?
- Improved decision making skills
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Soft skills including: responsibility, determination, communication and reflection
- Raised aspirations and awareness of education and career options
- Increased insight into the world of work and or higher education
What are the benefits for mentors?
- Develop mentoring skills
- Improve your communication skills
- Gain experience of working with young people
- An opportunity to use your skills and experience to inspire others and improve our community
Brightside recruits mentors on a rolling basis. We are currently recruiting for the following projects but will be in touch with information about projects that may be of interest to you as opportunities arise.
For any more information about mentoring opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org